Paul Meli and I have a long history of being both friends and political adversaries. We are neighbors and, though we sometimes do argue over politics, we share a mutual passion to make our community a better place.
And when it comes to politics, Paul and I do agree on about 95 percent of all the important issues. As far as the remaining 5 percent, he is clearly wrong 2.5 percent and I am certainly wrong the remaining 2.5 percent.
Paul has been a real fighter for what he believes in and for Glen Cove. I want to congratulate him, Jo-Ann and his family on his appointment to the District Court. I know he will be a wonderful judge.
Assemblyman Charles Lavine